Have you ever heard the awesome sound of a roaring waterfall ... or have you enjoyed the relaxing silence up on a mountain peak while you were watching the little world below you?
I wished I could write here that I am a professional Landscape Photographer, who is every day able to experience these things and more of the beauty that Mother Nature offers us, but unfortunately I am not.
So, I am only a happy hobby photographer with a full time job, who tries to get out and enjoy nature whenever possible, and of course, my camera is always with me.
Nature ... waterfalls and mountains, the silence in a forest or sunrises at a lake ... I love it and sometimes I can take a photo that is able to show the awesome and peaceful time I have out there, no matter the weather.
I mainly photograph in the small part of the world where I live, what means the south of Austria and the northern part of Slovenia and the Italian Dolomites, but sometimes I just have to make a trip further away to explore new destinations, of course.
I think I don't have a preferred kind of photo motif ... maybe waterfalls would be on top of the list, if I had a list.
I’m a proud member of Nature First: The Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography and I’m dedicated to following the Nature First Principles:
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles